Meeting Minutes Proposed
I. Call To Order:
President Bryant called the meeting to
order at Board members present were Director
Bryant, Director Perkins,
II. Additions to the Agenda:
Director Bridges adds the gate. Director Kozlowski adds 2009 election and Supervisor’s recommendations. President Bryant adds the letter from Capicorn and Director Isaac adds camper violations.
III. Approval of Minutes:
(1) Director Isaac moves to approve the March Minutes, support by Director Perkins, motion carried.
IV. Income Statement-Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer reports income for the month of March at $137,868.54, expenses of $27,120.83 and total cash on hand $125,180.86, with temporarily restricted accounts at $39,041.49.
(2) Motion to approve the income statement-Treasurer’s report by Director Perkins, seconded by Director McNeil, all in favor, carried. (3) Motion to accept the payables by Director Perkins, seconded by Director Mc Neil, all in favor, carried.
V. President’s Report:
President Bryant reports that the gate is working and explains the problems we had with it and thanks the people involved in the repair process. The flag is now well lit, the light at the entrance was fixed, it worked for only a few days The company that provided the starter, provided the wrong starter, the correct one has been received and the light will be fixed next week, he thanks Scott for the labor on the lights. He reports we have received various calls about the Neighbors Working Together, and has little knowledge of this group. He will report as information becomes available. First campground clean-up is scheduled for May 11, more information to come. We will have a sign-up sheet for volunteers.
VI. Supervisor’s Report:
Dawn reports on
VII. Committee Report:
reports on the campground. Bob Pelfrey reports on
security. Mary Cox reports for the activities committee. Director Isaac reports
VIII. Comments from the Floor, Agenda Items, available at the office.
IX. Old Business:
(4) Electrical Escrow: Director Perkins motions to have the Supervisor check with our insurance company with help with paying back this misappropriation of funds. Motion rescinded by Director Perkins.
(5) Director Perkins motions to continue the investigation to find out what happened to the money’s that was put into our general fund in 1998, supported by Director McNeil, Director Kozlowski amends the motion to include that the documents of these transactions be made available to all Board Members in order to be able to understand the situation, seconded by Director Bridges, motion rescinded by Director Perkins.
(6) Motion to table Electrical Escrow by Director Perkins, support by Director Kozlowski, carried.
(7) Director Perkins moves to establish
(8) Director Bridges motions to hire a maintenance service company to maintain the gate in working order, support by Director Kozlowski, amended to direct the supervisor to get bids on a service contract for maintenance of the gate even if there are charges for the bids, Director Perkins rescinds his second, seconded by Director Kozlowski, role call: Director Perkins, nay, Director McNeil, nay, Director Kozlowski, aye, Director Isaac, aye, Director Bridges, aye, President Bryant, nay. Motion failed.
(9) Director Perkins motions to set a fine of $375 to lot owner #131 for non-compliance of our camper regulations, support by Director Bridges, amended by Director Perkins to send a registered letter to the owner stating that he has until April 31, 2009 to remove the camper or his vehicle will be towed away at his expense, seconded by Director McNeil, motion rescinded by Director Perkins. Motion by Director Perkins to have Snoopy’s tow away the vehicle, seconded by Director Bridges, carried. Motion by Director Kozlowski to remove the debris on #1334, seconded by Director Bridges, amended by Director Kozlowski to send a letter to the owner giving them 30 days to remove the debris along with a $375 fine. All in favor with an abstain by Director Perkins.
(11) Director Perkins motions to hire work campers , Kathy and Lee Villers, for the season to mow grass, clean bath house, empty garbage in exchange for a full hook-up campsite and $400 a month, second by Director Isaac, all in favor, motion carried.
(12) Motion by Director Isaac that the association purchase the lawn tractor at the price specified by the supervisor, support by Director Kozlowski, carried.
(13) Motion by Director Perkins to buy a leaf blower with a cap of $1,100.00, support by Director Isaac, motion carried.
(14) Motion by Director Perkins to auto-transfer into the development fund $1000 every month at FirstBank, second by Director Bridges, carried.
(15) Motion to ratify the teller committee by Director Perkins, support by Director Kozlowski, carried. Teller committee appointed by President Bryant: Sharon Sonnichson (chair), Pat Graham, Christina Van Pelt, Carol Neal and Claudia Pelfrey.
(16) Motion by Director Perkins to adopt the election process of three years ago, amended by Director Kozlowski to include that in order to be a member in good standing, members must be up to date on all assessments, fines and fees by June 15, 2009, second by Director Isaac, motion carried.
Motion by Director Kozlowski “Pursuant to the intent and language of Article
(18) Director Isaac motions for documentation pertaining to the election of 2008 verifying what the membership was told as to the three (3) chairs for three (3) years, second by Director Kozlowski, role call results: All ayes.
(19) Capicorn oil: Motion by Director Kozlowski to have lot #412 returned to the association, support by Director Isaac, all in favor, carried. (with exception of Director Perkins absent for that vote.)
(20) Motion to adjourn by Director Perkins, support by Director Bridges, carried.